Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 1995 16:35:02 -0500
     Hearing Bob Norton made me sick.  I have always had difficulty
     watching HEAST broadcasts because of him.  Quick, lets have a quiz?
     Where did Grier and O'Sullivan attend high school?  I can see
     mentioning a few here and there, but not every damn player.  He does
     not add any value to the broadcast by simply reading these high school
     or junior team names off a sheet of paper.  It would be far more
     interesting if Bob would discuss more of the current and Future
     prospects for these players.  Barely a word was mentioned about
     O'Sullivan, Grier, Knuble, Morrison, and Gordon being top NHL
     prospects, and their likelihood of turning pro.

     Mees:  Do you think Grier will be back next year?
     Norton:  I think.

     Wow Bob, you be damn good.

     I also thought that Norton was biased toward BU.  He was neutral in
     the Maine/Mich game, but was very excited, stimulated and aroused
     whenever BU scored vs. Minny.  He seem to know what Lachance did 24
     hours a day.  He was not short on using excellent or great.

     As far as Tom Mees, I only like him because he is the only one at ESPN
     to care about hockey, in addition to Steve Levy.

     Tom fumbled a few names here and there:

     "Bill" Legg of Mich
     Brian "Leclair" of the Philly Flyers, oops Minny Gophers

     As far as the Deuce at the West Regionals, Mike Milbury was terrible
     with some Gopher names.  This is a chance for players to get some
     attention, dont embarrass them.

     Concerning the ESPN debacle with Maine/Mich, they do not even want to
     cover the college hockey final four.  It is all part of a package with
     the NCAA and they obviously do not give two rats' asses about it.

     hoping that the next six months fly by.

     jeff jodzis
     mich 93, minny 95