From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 1995 17:23:13 -0500
George Fishman writes:
>I noticed at the beginning of warmups in the BU-Merrimack game that D Kaj
>Linna did not dress, but I hadn't heard that he was injured.  Any news
>on his injury and status for this weekend, as well as the latest
>with F Jay Pandolfo?

Linna was a very late scratch last night with a stomach virus.  My
uneducated guess is that he will be available Friday.

I don't know the status of Pandolfo, but it's possible he will be
available this coming weekend.

>Also, anyone want to make predictions for Hockey East First-Team All stars
>and All-Rookie Team?

Well, it is one thing to predict who the winners will be, and another
to choose who one believes SHOULD win. :-)

Voting has already taken place for these and other HE awards, and the
results will be announced Thursday.

I am pretty sure that if I had a vote, this is how I would cast it:

ALL HOCKEY EAST TEAM
FIRST TEAM
G  Blair Allison, Maine
D  Chris Imes, Maine
D  Kaj Linna, Boston University
F  Chad Quenneville, Providence
F  Greg Bullock, UMass-Lowell
F  Mike Grier, Boston University

SECOND TEAM
G  Martin Legault, Merrimack
D  Jeff Tory, Maine
D  Todd Hall, New Hampshire
F  Chris O'Sullivan, Boston University
F  Eric Flinton, New Hampshire
F  Jordon Shields, Northeastern

HOCKEY EAST ALL ROOKIE TEAM
G  Tom Noble, Boston University
D  Jeff Tory, Maine
D  Mike Nicholishen, UMass-Lowell
F  Mark Mowers, New Hampshire
F  Casey Kesselring, Merrimack
F  Shawn Wansborough, Maine
   Chris Drury, Boston University

Only one winner is named for the below awards, but I am
listing my top three choices.

Rookie of the Year
1  Jeff Tory, Maine
2  Mark Mowers, New Hampshire
3  Casey Kesselring, Merrimack

Bob Kullen Award - Coach of the Year
1  Shawn Walsh, Maine
2  Dick Umile, New Hampshire
3  Ron Anderson, Merrimack

Player of the Year
1  Blair Allison, Maine
2  Chad Quenneville, Providence
3  Greg Bullock, UMass-Lowell

Len Ceglarski Award - Individual Sportsmanship
1  Ryan Haggerty, Boston College
2  Steve Thornton, Boston University
3  Jean-Francois Aube, Northeastern
   Jeff Tory, Maine

Remember, those are *my* selections.  The real winners will be
announced Thursday.

I believe New Hampshire has won the Team Sportsmanship Award, given to
the team averaging the fewest penalty minutes per league game.