From:
Eric J Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric J Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Feb 1995 17:27:43 -0600
On Tue, 14 Feb 1995, Allen Bibeau wrote:

> >SORRY CORRECTED VERSION>>>>>>>>
> >         To the people that have seen The finnish goalie from Denver I
> > have a few questions.
> > (1) What he hell is guys problem or his major misfortune, he skates
out to the red
> > line before the game and every every period break, if he intends on
being in the pros, What I mean is he wouldn't be doing things like that
in the big leagues or risk the chance of starting a big brawl.....
> > some day this is a behavior that has to end. The Sioux players started
> > meeting him out at center ice. I mean he is good but he is not a world
> >by
> > any means why does he skate out to center ice? He seems to be
real cockey>>
> > (2) He was drilled in the third period and hit hard no penalty awarded
> > I believe the refs over looked it because of his antics any feed back on
> > that. I my self smiled and cheered like most of the people in the
> >crowd.
> > (3) Landon wilson and the DU goalie seem to know each other; they
> > exchanged pleasantries in the first game by wilson getting in his face
> > it would be nice to know what he said.
> > (4) does anyone think he spends too much time entertaining the crowd
> > he seems to a good goalie but lackes discipline and focus..
> >

> Check me if I'm wrong, but isn't the reason we all go to and watch hockey
> games is to be entertained?  He just has a lot of fun doing his part to
> keep us entertained.  Perhaps his antics are ment to get under the other
> teams skin.  If they are, more power to him.  I think anything like that
> which gives you that edge should be used.
>
> I don't know what happened in North Dakota, but when he visited NMU last
> year everyone in the crowd seemed to enjoy watching what he was doing on
> the ice.

        Right Al: But there comes a time and a place for that...Most hockey
coachs don't want a goalie focusing on entertainiing the crowd. They want
him to stop goals. He seems less defiant after her gives up a few goals.
Also there is kind of an unwritten rule that you don't taunt the home
team and  their crowd. I still would have him tone it down...Or run the
chance of being run like he was by by Murphy.