From:
Tom Kirkman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Kirkman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 1995 16:54:09 -0600
The below is a message I got from some folks I forward
HOCKEY-L messages to.  I also go to SCSU hockey and I very
much agree with the content (but I'm more of a Badger fan...
go Big Red at SCSU this weekend)
Dan usually forwards items from the hockey list to me that he
thinks I will be interested in reading.  Since I'm not on the
list myself, I don't know how to reply.  Perhaps you could
forward my message or tell me if it possible to send
something to the list.  Anyway, I couldn't agree more with the
observations that many of the SCSU fans are intolerable.
I am embarrassed everytime I attend a home game at SCSU
because of the behavior of the fans -- especially the chant
shouted when the opposing team starting line-up is introduced.
The announcer always reads a statement before the game starts
about offensive language not being tolerated (this comes right
after the disgusting chant) and then throughout the game, the
policy is totally ignored.  SCSU plays some fine hockey (especially
when they are healthy) so it is a shame when stupid "fans" give the
institution a bad name.