From:
Indulis R Rutks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Indulis R Rutks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jan 1995 01:00:16 -0600
On Sat, 28 Jan 1995, David Parter wrote:

> Wisconsin came from behind in an incredible game to beat Minnesota 6-5
> tonight. It was WILD!!! I just got home from the game, and I'm sorry I
> don't have the box or even who scored each goal, but it was a great
> game.

It *was* a wild one! A classic MN-WI rock-'em sock'em game. Even though the
Gophers lost this one, I really enjoyed watching this battle.

> Towards the end of the second, however, there was a major scuffle in
> front of the Badger net. Shepard and Schmidt just watched, but by the
> time a Minnesota player had wrapped around the net, the whistle had
> blown. One ref signalled goal, but the other waved it off.

SOUR GRAPE ALERT --- SOUR GRAPE ALERT --- SOUR GRAPE ALERT

Actually, the TV replay showed that the puck was clearly in the net a
full second or two *before* the whistle. Shoulda been a goal, shoulda
been a tie at the end of regulation, dang it all!

Ah, well. At least I had a fresh supply of Schell's Bock beer to comfort
me tonight.