From:
MR ADAM C WODON <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MR ADAM C WODON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Jan 1995 11:45:41 EST
Some random thoughts:

First off, only 3,200 at a Cornell game is another sign of demise.  Also,
eight goals is unreal for them, but that freshman Ryan Smart is good.  You
can't figure out the league.  Just when it looks like SLU may start playing
better -- BANG!

As for ECAC coaches with jobs on the line .... I would be shocked if Taylor
was fired.  Everyone likes him and he coached the Olympics (not that he did
a great job).  As for Demment at Dartmouth - he was coach of the year 2
years ago, then the team stumbled -- I don't know anything about what's
going on up there, but firing him would surprise me, too.
  I do know for a fact that McCutcheon at Cornell is on thin ice.

I think a new D-I league would be great.  I've covered Cornell and
Princeton so I obviously want to see the ECAC flourish.   When RPI was
going to leave, I was telling RPI fans that thought it would be great, how
they should want as many strong, stable conferences as possible, for the
good of the sport.  More conferences, and spreading it into Pennsylvania,
would be great for hockey.

                   AW