From:
Paulette Dwen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paulette Dwen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Nov 1994 19:19:45 -0500
>I suspect that Harkness was unabashedly willing to take advantage of the
>supposed Ag school stashing to recruit the "raw-boned" farm boys to play
>college hockey at Cornell.

I don't think he could have used it to his advantage much.  It is my
understanding (from talking to an alum who played under Harkness) that he
recruited almost all his players from Canada.  The advantage the Ag school
gives Cornell is that it is part of the SUNY system, and requires a certain
number of NY State residents as students.  It would be some help getting a
mediocre student from NY, but it doesn't help you get mediocre student from
Canada because they're better hockey players.

Paulette Dwen
Cornell '89
Let's Go Red!

P.S.  John, I did get your mail, but am having problems getting mail to you.