From:
Ted McEnroe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ted McEnroe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Nov 1994 20:04:12 -0600
Jack McDonald wrote:

>Not to belabor this, but as we are in the early part of our college
>hockey season, I would like to continue to lobby all that we MUST
>consider printing the top 25 in all (how many do we have?) hockey
>polls.

I'd have to believe that there are more than 40-odd water polo teams out
there, just by nature of the fact that virtually every California school
fields one. I have seen records in their poll, from time to time, and they
are all usually above .500.

Perhaps a better example would be something like lacrosse. (It's that one
with the fishing net on a stick...) where there are about 35(?) Div. 1
teams. They do a Top 15, and even then you see a few 7-6 or 6-7 teams
sneaking on the end of the poll from time to time. I think that DOES make
the sport seem smaller...

But how to increase exposure for teams 16-44 is a good question!

Ted McEnroe
Brown '89, '92

Go you Bears!

(Maybe this year we can beat our archrival -- RPI!  ;-} )

P.S. -- If someone could send me some info on UIC, I guess they're my
hometown team this winter...