From:
"Bruce D. Hissong" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 10 Nov 1994 22:04:33 -0400
Earlier someone requested info on Miami's team for this year.  At 3-3-0,
they're currently 4th in the CCHA, and will probably stay around 4th or 5th for
most of the season.  Based on what I've seen so far, on any given night they
can compete with any team in the country.  However, they also seem to have
lapses that last for whole periods or longer, followed by several minutes of
very intense play. A good example is the BG game:  they slept through the first
two periods, then woke up in the third to cut a 4-1 deficit to 4-3, but came up
short losing 5-3 (5th goal was empty net).  If they maintain their intensity,
they can compete with anyone.  Standouts so far include Kevyn Adams who leads
the team in scoring (sorry, don't have current stats), and Marc Boxer, Jason
Mallon, Andrew Miller, as well as freshman Vitali Andreev.  A pleasant suprise
so far has been the unexpected play of goalie Chuck Thuss.  Thuss is a senior
who prior to this season had never started a game.  Right now I believe he is
2nd the the CCHA in GAA.  We lost several key players to graduation or pro
contracts, but our freshman class seems strong.  Overall, Miami's team will
probably be one that gets better and better as they season goes on, and will
hopefully surprise a few teams along the way.  At least I sure hope so!  Hope
this helps.
                                                Bruce