From:
Indulis R Rutks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Indulis R Rutks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Nov 1994 23:04:28 -0600
On Sun, 6 Nov 1994, Pamela Sweeney wrote:

> Saturday Box for Minn at St. Cloud:
>
> Minnesota      1-1-3=5
> St. Cloud      1-0-1=2

[ first & second period info deleted ]

> Third Period

[ info deleted]

>     19:52 MINN Brink (fighting - game DQ)
>     19:52 SCSU Reimann (double roughing)
>     19:52 MINN bench (delay of game)
>

> Woog (Doug, not Dan) got the delay of game in the 3rd for arguing Andy Brink's
> DQ.

I thought it was because of Doug Woog's habit of sending the boys out to
skate whenever the ref's can't seem to decide what penalties should be
dished out (which has been happening *way* too often this year).

> What happened was Reimann put Brink in a headlock with his left arm,
> pulling Brink's helmet off, and Brink swung his right arm up over the
 Reimann's
> shoulder at his head.  This took place over along the boards in front of the
> SCSU bench, so neither we nor the officials have any idea what Reimann was
 doing
> with his right hand once he had Andy's head in a headlock and his helmet off.
> Of course, we have no idea what Andy was doing with his left, either.  So
 Brink
> got a game DQ for that swing at Reimann's head, which I realize the refs can
 do,
> but to say that 5'9" 161-lb Brink was trying to start a fight with 6'2" 205-lb
> Reimann when he'd already had his helmet torn off is somewhat absurd.

Amen to that! FREE ANDY BRINK!!!!!