From:
Andrew Weise <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew Weise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Oct 1994 16:34:43 -0400
> I am confused. Why would teams not have players' names on either home or
> away? Hope this is not a really dumb question.
> Sandi

Some teams, not necessarily hockey teams, prefer NOT to put names on the
back of their jerseys. Such teams feel that putting names on the back of
jerseys promotes or encourages individuality -- something that I wouldn't
think a TEAM would promote. This just happens to be the case with the
Syracuse University football team this year.

IMHO, I don't think it's a bad idea. Although I do know some people who want
to know the name of the guy who "made that great catch" or "scored that
goal".

Andy Weise
SUNY Potsdam '93               Let's Go Tech!!!
Union College '95?             Let's Go U!!!