From:
TariAnne Texter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TariAnne Texter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Oct 1994 14:40:30 -0400
Is anyone familiar with the ACHA (American Collegiate Hockey
Association)?  It is becoming more and more prevalent in lieu of the
traditional "club" hockey team.  My alma mater, Ferris, has an ACHA team
as well as Div-I, and they complement each other.  Players from the
club/ACHA team have been known to be knocked up to the Div-I team, and
players are recruited and sent to the ACHA team if they are Prop 48's.
Ferris' team won the ACHA Nationals last year, I am proud to say.  I hope
that it becomes a more talked about topic on Hockey-L.  Especially for
those of you out there whose schools are restricted to just ACHA hockey,
because they can't afford to join NCAA Div-I.  I still wonder how Ferris
did it!

Tari
Go FSU Bulldogs!