From:
Kenny Zalewski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kenny Zalewski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Sep 1994 00:03:18 GMT
OK, this has nothing to do with college hockey, but it was an exciting
event for me, so I wanted to post about it.

I figured I would share this special moment with all of you.  I was
selected to officiate one of the games in the New York Rangers 1994
Training Camp up in Glens Falls, NY.  They played 2 30-minute halves.  I
was a linesman for the first half, and a referee for the second half.  I
also had the opportunity to talk with Brian Leetch for a bit, since he
comes from Cheshire, CT, about 10 minutes from my hometown, North Haven.
A friend also took a picture of me with Brian, so once it gets developed,
I'll scan it so I can send it out over the net.

This was definitely the best quality hockey I have ever officiated
(wouldn't that be obvious?)!  And during my stint as the ref, I had no
problem keeping up with the big guys, though I was pretty dead by the end
of the half.  Attached I have included a listing of the four
team rosters.  My game was Team 3 versus Team 4.  Note that Mark Messier
was not there, since he has not finalized his contract.

I hope everyone is doing well.  I think I'm riding on a natural high right
now!  Take care.......          -- kennyz

               NEW YORK RANGER TRAINING CAMP TEAM ROSTERS

New York Rangers Training Camp
September 11-13, 1994
Glens Falls Civic Center, Glens Falls, NY

    Team 1              Team 2               Team 3              Team 4
    ------              ------               ------              ------
35  Richter         30  Healy            31  Hirsch          29  Hillebrandt
34  Shepard         33  Trofimenkoff     32  Ram             1   Cloutier

3   B. Richter      23  Zubov            46  Lowe            62  Leetch
4   Beukeboom       24  Wells            47  J. Messier      63  Karpovtsev
8   Malone          25  Stewart          48  Norstrom        64  Featherstone
10  Fiorentino      26  Blouin           49  Reid            65  Werenka
12  Cairns          29  Silverman        50  Roach           66  A. Smith
14  Ethler                               51  Sorochan        67  Galanov

15  Matteau         27  Kovalev          52  Kypreos         68  Graves
16  Nedved          28  Larmer           53  M. Messier      69  Nemchinov
19  Kocur           36  Gilbert          54  Osborne         70  Noonan
20  Hartman         37  Kenny            56  McLaughlin      72  Duncanson
21  McCosh          38  Kudinov          57  Olczyk          73  Hudson
22  Roy             39  Hiller           58  Nielsen         74  Brosseau
24  Langdon         40  Butt             59  Vercik          75  Boulton
25  Gernander       41  D. Smith         61  Agiropalous     76  Olympijev
                    42  McInnes                              77  McCallion

--
Kenny Zalewski -- Computer Science Department; Intramural Department
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 83 Albright Court, Troy, NY, 12180