Sender:
From:
"Steve M. Kapetanakis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 91 09:03:09 EST
Arthur Mintz writes:
>    If any coach is allowed to request this switch at BC's rink, that must
>    be a Hockey East league rule, not an NCAA rule.

 I really don't know what the rulebook says, but in last years NCAA
 quarterfinal game between BC and Minnesota, the Minnesota coach also
 requested the split third period.

 Anybody up in Maine know the ruling on this.  If my memory is correct
 Coach Walsh was the first to impliment such a strategy at BC.

 -kap

-------