Sender:
From:
Chris Craig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 1994 19:15:05 -0500
Mike M. writes:

>Yes.  McHugh Forum had been torn down and with the construction of
>Conte Forum, which began in 1986, BC had to play every game away from
>BC for two seasons.  In 1986-87, they used rinks at BU, Northeastern,
>Harvard, and also the Boston Garden as "home ice", in addition to
>practicing at an MDC rink (in Brookline, I believe - not exactly next
>door).
>
>UNH will face this same dilemma next season.

The last I heard was that almost all of UNH's "home" games will be played at
UNH-Manchester, which supposedly has a ~2500 seat arena.  All (both?) of
UNH's "home" games against Maine will be played in Portland.  They will
probably practice at the Dover (NH) Arena.

It's really too bad, since I project next year's team to be even better than
this year's.  Only four forwards graduate, four freshman are gaining valuable
experience while playing a regular shift (Boguneicki, Nolan, Murray,
Woodman), a senior goaltender returns (Heinke), and an outstanding defenseman
joins the team after sitting out a year after transferring from BC (Todd
Hall).  It's too bad they'll be handicapped by playing away from Snively.
But progress always comes at a price.

Chris
Go Blue!