Sender:
From:
Shari Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1993 13:48:12 CST
A rather disturbing story came out this week about the antics of
some fans at a local high school game here in the Twin Cities.
The game was between two suburban Minneapolis schools, one of
which is located in a suburb with a large Jewish population. The
students of the opposing team threw bagels onto the ice, and
had numerous anti-Semitic cheers throughout the game, one being
"We've got Christmas, how 'bout you?". There were even reports of
a student spitting bagel pieces at students from the other school.

Needless to say, this gave the school of the offending fans a
big black eye in the community (which happens to be in the city
where I live). The student council has issued a formal letter of
apology to the other school, and have offered to meet with students
from their school to discuss how they can mend relations. Pretty sad.

go go gophers...
shari