Sender:
From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 1992 16:06:46 CDT
Shari Nelson writes:

>I've been out of the loop in a lot of the discussions regarding Alaska
>Anchorage and their place in the WCHA playoffs. By seeding them 10th,
>doesn't this possible hurt the 1st place team? What if UAA has a great
>season, finishing in the top 1/2 of the WCHA. By seeding them 10th, a
>higher ranked team must play them to move on, rather than playing a team
>near or at the bottom. Just wondering....

Hi, Shari!  Yes, you're right that it may be unfair to the 1st place team
to draw UAA in the first round.  It's puzzling, but the alternatives
don't look any better.  If UAA were to be seeded above #10, the seedings
would have to be done by committee rather than by league record. :-(
Note that UAA can't finish in the top 1/2 of the WCHA this year, as the
Seawolves won't become full members until the end of this season.

-- Erik