Sender:
From:
Tom Tseng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Sep 1992 08:34:27 U
GatorMail-Q                   FWD>Cornell's Tix Sale

 Re: Cornell Tix Sale

William Sangray wrote:
>A nice new touch to the event was the addition of pizza and soda served by the
>members of the team, and sprung for by the athletic department.  After serving
>what must have been a few hundred pizzas...

Let's see, there were 500 plus fans, so let's say the Athletic Office ordered
250 pizzas from Dominos.  Say Dominos charges $8 a pie, that's $2,000, right?
Then you add some more $$ for drinks.  Umm, no wonder they asked for $114 per
season pass this year.

My suggestion:  A better ticket distribution procedure (i.e. a less confusing
and more clearly and publicly announced procedure) and save the money on pizzas
and drinks and make the tickets more affordable.

PS:  The Cornell Daily Sun quoted the ticket manager as saying that the
Athletic Office, though did not clearly specify when students could line up,
could not control when students began to line up.  It seems to me that it could
determine when to begin pass out the line tickets.  So, if the original
announcement was unclear, don't pass out any line numbers.  Print another ad on
Wednesday so that all students know when and where to show.