Sender:
From:
Jon Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jul 1992 10:48:48 EDT

> I heard this on the local news last night and its in the local news
> papers today (local being the New York State Capital District - Albany,
> Scenectady, Troy area). The Knickerbocker Arena in Albany was bidding
> for the playoffs, but lost the bid. From the Daily Gazette:
>
> 	The ECAC will formally announce today that the Olympic Center
> 	in Lake Placid will be the host of the league's hockey toournament.
> 	Lake Plcid beat out the Knick and the Boston Garden, where the
> 	tournament has been the past 30 years.
>
> 	The 1993 tournament will take place March 19-20.

Please tell me this isn't true.  If so, perhaps it is a tribute to the
ECAC....a league apparently dedicated to ensuring the it is not
corrupted by those scourges of athletic purity - fan, student or alumni
interest.  I suppose they won't be happy until they attain the same
second level (can you say 1-AA?) status that the Ivy League has in
football.

Can anyone explain to me why you would move the tournament from its'
traditional home, ostensibly because it wasn't centrally located, to a
location in the isolated hinterlands?

Does anyone have an address or phone number for Joe Bertagna?

Jon Greene
RPI '82, Cornell '84
Data General, Westboro, MA