Sender:
From:
Lisa Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 1992 12:16:25 EDT
I would just like to comment that there is a difference between "recruiting"
and "signing".  A coach can recruit a player all he wants, but if that player
doesn't want to sign, it's up to him.  Perhaps SCSU's recruiting hasn't
changed all that much, but improved performance encourages more quality play-
ers from Minnesota to sign there.  Our department was about twice as many in-
coming first year grads for next fall because the department misjudged the
"signer/recruit ratio" this year, and overrecruited.  (oops, that should be
"has" not was.  My typing deteriorates as the caffeine wears off.)
Lisa Sweeney
CWRU '88, Cornell '93?