Sender:
From:
Michael Townsend <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Apr 1992 12:29:15 -0400
For those who don't receive Sports Illustrated, the magazine devoted a
whopping six tiny paragraphs to the college hockey final, along with a small
but good photo of Badger goalie Duane Derkson making a save.  Any
coverage is good coverage, but I wish they could have made it into an
actual article rather than include it as an item in the Scorecard section
at the front of the magazine.  It was quite a positive article that mentioned
only briefly the incident at the end of the game.  I'll quote one paragraph
for the benefit of those who haven't seen it (with credit to author Richard
O'Brien): "To the 12,891 fans in Knickerbocker Arena Saturdya night, the game
was anything but boring.  In a highly-charged game featuring superb golatending
and 33 power-play minutes, the Lakers prevailed 5-3."  Certainly at least that
much is accurate!
By the way, the basketball Final Four got 10 pages of coverage.  Sigh.

- Mike Townsend
Sports information director, Bowdoin College
support your local small college hockey team!