Sender:
From:
"Ryan G. Stone" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 1992 21:22:38 -0400
Well Tony, I too must side with Kenny Z on this one.  In fact, I thought this
was the most consistent and well officiated game which I saw in the playoffs.
I will ignore anyone who starts counting penalties as support for a poorly
officiated game.  After 10 minutes or so it was at least clear to me what would
be called a penalty and what wouldn't, and I don't think he deviated from that
at all.  Wisconsin is lucky, IMO, to have gotten away with as few penalties as
they did, it seemed that every Laker received a well placed "two-hander" from
a red player. (many times behind the play)  There was alot of holding, hooking
and general grabbing going on which simply should have no place in College
Hockey.
	R have to say I am disappointed with how Wisconsin reacted, but I am
sure this has been beaten to death enough so I leave it at that.
	Penalties are part of the game, there is no quota and no maximum amount
which is to be called.  It is an officals job to interpret the rules and see
that they are followed during the course of the game, and to do so in a
consistent and unbiased manner.  In that vein, the officials did a very good
job in the Final Game, and IMO should be asked back for the next tourney.

-Ryan Stone
 Lawrence University (Appleton, WI) '93
 Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute '93

| RYAN G. STONE                    | | "In the Beginning, there was a Great |
| 218 North Hall, R.P.I.           | |  Void.  Then God said 'Let there be  |
| Troy, NY   12180-3590            | |  Light!'  There was still a Great    |
| (518) 276-7230                   | |  Void, but at least He could see it."|
| e-mail: [log in to unmask]          | |                   -Source Unknown    |