Sender:
From:
Beth Weise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 1992 14:22:18 EDT
Just a couple of thoughts on this weekend.

First, congratulations go to Carol and Tony.  The hockey-l dinner was
great.  It was a lot of fun meeting everyone.  I'm sorry I didn't get
to spend more time with people, but a number of other things managed
to schedule themselves for the weekend.  :(

Second, congratulations to LSSU for a great win.  It was a great game
to watch.  I agree that there may have been some problems with the
officiating, but I don't think it was the deciding factor.  Wisconsin
came out strong and LSSU seemed to match them stride for stride.
However, from our vantage point in the Knick, it looked like
Wisconsin started to lose steam in the second and never really regained
the momentum they had early in the game.  LSSU's go-ahead goal was
one of the best goals I have seen all season.  There was a tiny spot
(just big enough for a puck) between the pipes and Derkeson's (sp?)
knees...that's where LSSU put it.  Our seats were in the 4th row looking
right at the goal.  It was a beautifully placed shot.

Finally, I think Wisconsin wins the Loudest Fans Award.  They were a
lot of fun to watch.  We had a group sitting right in front of us and
were right across from the busloads of fans.  My friends and I found
ourselves cheering for Wisconsin based on the actions of the fans around
us.  It was a lot of fun.  As a side note to this...it was also a lot
of fun to see all the "rituals" other schools' fans go through after a
goal/penalty and during breaks.  I'm so accustomed to what Clarkson and
other ECAC schools do that it was neat to see what people out west are
doing.

I hope everyone had a safe trip home.  As predicted, the snow never
arrived...we only get unpredicted snow.  Thursday night, towns about
15 miles northeast of Albany managed to get 5-10" of snow...you'd
never know it unless you saw the news that night.  Unbelievable.
Albany never saw a flurry.

I might have to do this Phinal Phour again sometime.  :)

Beth Weise
Clarkson '88
RPI '90 & '93