Sender:
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 15:35:45 -0800
7bit
From:
"Anthony J. Buffa" <[log in to unmask]>
Not to get into the hockey culture argument, but I agree with you on
this point, Larry (snipped below).

Here in CA (where there is definitely NOT a hockey culture except in
very small pockets of LA and the Bay area) ... my students are amazed
when I bring in hockey examples in to class ... and then find out I am a
college fan (I hardly ever watched a pro game) for just the reasons
below.

If I can get them to watch the NCAA semis and finals with me over at the
union every April, they find it very nice.. they unanimously say they
expected fighting, holding and even are amazed they can actually see the
puck and the passes and the skills, which in the pro game they never
could appreciate.

Tony Buffa
RPI '64 .. Go Engineers!!

I would think that many of us