Sender:
From:
David Parter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Feb 1992 13:58:54 CST
Let me correct my initial note a little bit. Most of the
information comes from an article in the Wisconsin State Journal
on Tuesday, January 28. The article was written by ANdy Baggot.

Organizing Committee: "Hockey Wisconsin"
	members:
		Bradley Center
		Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce
		Wisconsin Sports Authority
		(I am not sure of the UW's exact role in Hockey Wisconsin,
		 but they would be the host school and are involved in the
		 negotiations)

NCAA Proposal:
	1st $400,000 before expenses to NCAA
	next $125,000 to Hockey Wisconsin
	remainder split 75% NCAA, 25% Hockey Wisconsin

Tickets:	$50 (for all games)

Hockey Wisconsin counter-proposal:
	first $300,000 before expenses to NCAA
	next $150,000 to Hockey Wisconsin
	remainder split 80% NCAA, 20% Hockey Wisconsin

Joel Maturi, Wisconsin Associate Athletic Director said that last
year's tournament (in St. Paul) organizers did not have to sign a
contract until after $400,000 was in the bank. He said that this
year's tournament (Albany) had not signed a contract as of last
week.

The NCAA Ice Hockey Committee includes:
	Phil Buttafuaco, NCAA assistant director of championships
	Rick Comley, Northern Michigan coach and Athletic Director
	Jack Parker, Boston University coach
	Jack Gregory, Bowling Green Athletic Director
	Laing Kennedy, Cornell Athletic Director
	(I am not sure if there are others on this committee, and
	how much the committee decides vs. how much the NCAA
	offices decide)

	--david

--------
david parter				university of wisconsin -- madison
[log in to unmask]			      computer sciences department