Sender:
From:
Ralph Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 05:28:58 -0500
> A. No one wants to discuss Shawn Walsh or Doug Woog?

Do any coaches except for Woog have coach's shows on TV?

> B. Did Harvard change goalies because the new goalie is a
> character out of
> Love Story and sounds like a Hahvad man?

I'll pass on this one.

> C. Will the MAAC get handshaking protocol down?

This brought on a chuckle.  I wonder, really, if there should be
handshaking after the first game of a two-game-series.   Yes, I
saw the posting of the rule, but it doesn't seem appropriate when the
schools play so soon again.
.
Note that I am an ECAC fan, so this rarely is an issue.  RPI
plays one regular-season, two-game series about every other year.

> D. Will the ECAC schools discover they are south of the 49th
> parallel and need
> only play one anthem (their own) prior to games?

What's the problem with this, especially for schools that have
a large number of Canadian players?  By the way, does Clarkson
ever play the Swedish National anthem?  (P.S. The two Alaska
schools are north of the 49th parallel :-) )

Note that I thought a lot of tradition was lost when RPI was
forced to stop playing the Alma Mater after the teams returned
to the ice for the start of the third period.

Ralph Baer
RPI '68, '70, '74