Sender:
From:
"Jeffrey T. Anbinder" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 1992 15:38:45 EST
On Thu, 16 Jan 1992 10:17:00 EST <PUGH%NNFVAX@CRNLVAX5> said:
>for some strange reason my wife was looking at the clock instead of the goal
>and said that the crowd went wild with 0:01 left - the timekeepers reaction
>time may have been a factor in the delay).

As I recall (having been in my curiously good seat in section B), the crowd
went wild with 0:02 left, because they thought a goal had been scored, when
actually it was just the third of the four passes that eventually resulted
in the goal.  Some of us thought that the buzzer might have sounded, but
that we just couldn't hear it, having already begun to cheer for a goal that
we thought had been scored two seconds earlier than it really had.

--
Jeffrey "BJ" Anbinder '91,'92,'93,'94...    [log in to unmask]
The Sexiest Man in Ithaca Radio             [log in to unmask]

"Hope is not the conviction that something will turn out well but the
certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out."
                   - Vaclav Havel