Sender:
From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 17:31:22 -0500
Terry Tuschen writes:

>I agree.  Its nice to see a touted recruit blow off the Gophers and come
>to UW.

I don't know whether the Gophers actively recruited this guy or not.  Also,
we don't know which other teams might have courted him before he chose
Wisconsin.  Our local press hasn't had much to say; perhaps the Madison
media have more information.

The Badgers haven't done much recruiting in Minnesota in recent years (only
the Strobels, Rick Enrico, and Joe Bianchi come to mind, though I'm sure
there are a few more).  Occasionally somebody's going to take the big leap
(swim? skate?) across the river, so this doesn't come as a shock.  The fact
that this appears to be perceived as big news is perhaps more interesting
than the news itself.  :-)

-- Erik