Sender:
From:
"Barkan, Jon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Dec 1996 12:13:00 PST

Has the USCHO decided not to cover the World Juniors? Didn't they send Dave
Europe? This is practically a college all-rookie team.

I will be going over to Switzerland on the 26 of Dec and will be covering
the World Juniors for USA Today Online and USA Today. I will be there until
the Jan. 5. I know that I will be running pieces for Online daily, plus the
boxscores. I was also told that I will get at least 10 inches in the paper
on most days, so there should be plenty in there also.

Really interested to see how good this team is. They had a great Fussen Cup
and are off on the right foot. Hopefully they can carry that over into the
tournament.

If anyone has any questions along the way ... about the tourney... I will
have access to my email and will check it daily. You can drop me a note at
[log in to unmask] I'll try and answer any and all
questions/inquires.

Otherwise, I just want to take this opportunity to wish everyone a healthy
and happy new year. May it be one where we find a cure and put an end to
spinal injuries.

Regards,

Jon Barkan
USA Today Online