Sender:
From:
Charles Shub <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 1991 09:14:06 -0700
> Patrick E Fleming <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> When you consider what poor support Coach Welsh gets from the University,
> it is not too hard to see why the program suffers so.  As stated, the
> facility is awful.  If not the worst arena in Div. I, I'll wager that it
> has the smallest ice surface.  I once overheard a conversation between
> blueline club members in which one commented on the visit of a recruiting
> prospect, "Are teh facilities really as bad as I have heard?"  The player
> wasn't interested in the school, academics or even teh program - he
> wanted to know if the rink was really as bad as he had heard up in Canada.

I haven't seen the OSU facility, but my nomination would have to be the
Formal name:  Broadmoor world arena
My name:      World's worst arena

at the broadmoor hotel in colorado springs where The Colorado College
plays most of their home games.  The surface is small, the ice is soft, the
sight lines from seating are absolutely terrible (there are maybe 6 good seats
outside the two press boxes)  both press boxes are reached by ladders, and on
one side, the ladder is pulled up when not being used because it comes down
in the middle of an aisle.

charlie shub  [log in to unmask]  -or-  cdash@colospgs (BITNET)
  or even         (719) 593-3492