Sender:
From:
"Nathaniel Cole Malen (Nat Malen)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 1996 14:18:59 -0500
Here in Wisconsin, at UW- Eau Claire, we just call the main UW campus
"Madison" for its location.  I guess while reading this conversation, I
really don't understand why one school has to be the *official* UMASS or
Minnesota.  Why is it such a big deal what your school is called.

I do agree with the press distinctions brought up by Hockey East media
members.  It would get confusing having all of the UM's.

The situation with all university systems is that normally the main campus,
is just referred to as the "University of -------", and its other campuses
(like Minnesota-Duluth) are called as such.

For the UMASS- Amherst people to want there university to be called strictly
UMASS would make it the norm like the rest of the nation, but is it a big
problem to have the "Amherst" tagged on there?

Pondering thoughts................

Nat Malen
University of Wisconsin- Eau Claire