Sender:
From:
"Rand P. Hall" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 1996 12:26:38 +0000
Rick A McAdoo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

How Machnikian! Great job, Rick.

> Merrimack College (lines may be off, but these were the players):
> F Rob Beck, Martin Laroche, Gaetan Poirier
>   Tim Hirsch, Rejean Stringer, Claudio Peca

Just for completeness, Hirsch and Poirier were swapped, and:

> MC1 Darrel Scoville ? (Laroche, Weichselbaumer) 5X3 17:03

That was #3 for Scoville.

> Penalties:    MC - 13 (35 Min), BC - 13 (26 Min.)
> Referees - Steve McBride, Rich Fowkes
>=20
> The Boston College Eagles stretched their win streak to 4 and reached
> the .500 mark in Hockey East with a penalty-filled 4-2 win at Merrimack
> College.  It was a rough night outside, with wind-swept rain, and the
> inside wasn't much better, with few stretches of 5-on-5 play due to
> the frequent trips to the penalty box...The referees were not popular=20
> heroes tonight, that's for sure.

[Here's some ref-bashing, last refuge of the last place team :-)]

McBride and Fowkes were LOOKing to blow the whistle. Last week they were=20
on TV...they had an excuse :-) They were pretty bad, as usual. They didn't
favor either team. (Reggie Stringer took a sucessful dive in both games.)=
=20
I sat behind the Merrimack bench. Anytime there was a controversial call=20
you could see McBride cock his head a bit to the bench so he could hear=20
every word. He seemed particularly interested in Claudio Peca who he=20
tweeted for banging the boards with his stick against NU.

These guys definitely are thin-skinned. They ran several guys over both=20
games for opening their beaks.

From=20the "Take That!" department:

Heard shouted from the Merrimack VIP booth as McBride and Fowkes left the=
=20
ice at the end of the NU game: "Have another doughnut!"

During the Weichselbaumer/Chase(?) squirmish Weichselbaumer got in several
good pokes on McBride's melon.

Just prior to BC's goal at "1:20" of the third the Volpe scoreboard lost=20
power and John Savastano(?) the scoreboard operator is screaming at the=20
officials. The officals didn't hear the screaming until they called the=20
goal and were wondering what happened to the scoreboard. Merrimack coach=20
Ron Anderson is saying "He was trying to get your attention!" McBride=20
screams back "he should have used the buzzer, then!". This necessatated=20
that the scoreboard operator give McBride a "buzzer-bone's connected to=20
the scoreboard-bone's connected to the electric-bone" lesson.

It looks like poor Steve could use a math lesson too. At the end of the
commotion he instructed that 18:20 and the goal be put on the board and
that Rob Beck's penalty was expired. Beck took the penalty at 19:44 of the
2nd...=20

Cheers,
rand