Sender:
From:
"Tuthill, Richard" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 1996 08:51:00 EST
Comments:
To: HOCKEY3 <[log in to unmask]>
     Big Mo (as in *momentum*) or wounded pride?   Which is the dominant
mechanism?   From the looks of it,  wounded pride is by far the most
dominant in the East,  at least in the examples that puzzled me yesterday in
"Life's Imponderables".   The teams that lost were without exception coming
off big wins the weekend before.   The teams that won were coming off
stinging defeats the weekend before.   Which brings to mind Satchel Page's
old adage.   "No matter how good you are,  never look back ...."

     Thanks go to those folks who pointed out that Clarkson had won the RPI
tournament on the weekend before last.   I had forgotten that.   That means
that Clarkson now has 7 points out of a possible 8 against the top 3 HE
teams  --  in addition to a win over BC.   Not too shabby.

     -- Dick Tuthill