Sender:
From:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 1995 01:04:40 0600
http://www.daily.umn.edu/~online/daily/11211995/sports/puck21/

I cut out the part of this that refers to the Moen and Debus being named=20
WCHA Defensive POTW, since that's already been posted.  But I'll include=20
the other tidbits:
                                 Dominance vs. Duluth
     Three Gophers tops in scoring
     Snap Shots  {Nat'l Poll
                  CC 10-game Streak
                  WCHA OFFENSIVE POTW
                  MTU Tough Schedule
                  NMU Rough Start
                  Mich's Morrisson CCHA Offensive POTW
    =20
> U goalies named players of the week
>=20
> Jeff Sherry - Staff Reporter

{item about POTW snipped}
>=20
> Dominance vs. Duluth
>=20
> With their two wins this weekend, the Gophers now have an eight-game
> winning streak against UMD. Minnesota has a 5-0-1 record in their
> last six games at the Duluth Entertainment and Convention Center and
> a 10-1-1 overall record against the Bulldogs in their last 12 games.
>=20
> A key to the Gophers' recent success has been th eir abililty to
> shut down the UMD power play. The Bulldogs haven't converted a power
> play against Minnesota since their last win over the Gophers on Feb.
> 6, 1994. Minnesota has successfully killed 47 straight man-advantage
> situations against the Bulldogs.
>=20
> "That's good and we'd like to keep that going," said Gophers
> defenseman Mike Crowley, who has never lost to UMD. "I'd like to
> graduate without ever losing to them. I think everyone has the
> mindset that we beat them six times last year, why not beat them
> four times this year?"
>=20
> Three Gophers tops in scoring
>=20
> For the second straight week, Minnesota's Brian Bonin, Crowley and
> Dan Trebil are the top three scorers in the WCHA.
>=20
> Bonin leads all league scorers with 23 points on seven goals and 16
> assists. Crowley is second with 21 points on 6 goals and 15 assists.
> Trebil is tied with Colorado College's Peter Geronazzo for third
> with 19 points. Trebil has scored three goals and assisted on 16
> others.
>=20
> All three players have been hot lately. Bonin's two-goal,
> three-assist weekend extended his streak of games with at least one
> point to 14. Crowley has scored six goals and 12 assists in his last
> eight games. Trebil's 12-game personal scoring streak ended Friday
> night, but he had a goal and an assist Saturday.
>=20
{yes, I know this neglects to mention that Minnesota has played more=20
games than CC}