Sender:
From:
Bri Farenell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 1995 23:27:25 -0500

>        At Harvard, the student section has a pretty impressive cheer that
>I thought you all might enjoy.
>        In the 3rd period, providing that Harvard is leading by a sizable
>margin (meaning this cheer was a rarity this season), the student section
>starts in on the opposing goaltender.
>        It begins with:
>
>        Hey, [goalie's last name]: You're not a sieve! You're a funnel.
>
>        (pause)
>
>        Hey, goalie: You're not a funnel! You're a vaccuum!
>
>        (pause)
>
>        Hey, goalie: You're not a vaccuum! You're a black hole!
>
>        (pause)
>
>        Hey, goalie: You've not a black hole...
>
>        (entire section stands up and points at the goalie):
>
>        YOU JUST SUCK! (this chant is repeated until it dies).
>
>Well, this always used to make me chuckle...
>

>        Ian Kennish
>        Harvard 1994

Well, some of these cahnts it seems are imported from some places
to others. For example, I've heard many of the reported chants at
Clarkson and the above chant I've heard at both Clarkson and Cornell
(at least).

My personal fav. is when we start chanting "empty net"...
while the other team's goalie is still in. :)

BRI

--
Bri Farenell                  Hey parents: the kids' sports belong to the kids.
[log in to unmask]     WWW: http://fire.camp.clarkson.edu/~farenebt