Sender:
From:
Andrew Rapoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 1995 14:45:56 CST
Bradley Carlson asked a few things, and I thought maybe this would
help him and others.

> 1.  Does anyone know if there is a way to get tickets to just Saturday's
> session?  My friends and I are lookingfor a way to save a little money since
> Michigan has a bye on Friday.

Can you buy them directly from your athletic ticket office?
Otherwise, they are all but gone here.  You do stand an excellent
chance of buying from scalpers in the parking lot.  I think they
scalp for profit, because I have seen people buying tickets near the
door and those same people selling them out in the lot.  Keep your
eye on the guy (invariably, it will be a man) and then tell a cop.  I
despise scalping.

> 2.  Since I'm not familiar with the Madison area I would appreciate it if
> someone could post directions to the Dane County Coliseum and any helpful
> hints on where to park, if parking is a problem.

If you are coming in on I-90, take the Madison Highway 12 exit (it is
called "The Beltline" in Madison).  Then you have two options:  (1)
take the John Nolen (former mayor) Drive exit; when you come off the
ramp you can see the Coliseum on your left; (2) keep going on the
Beltline, take the Park St. exit, turn right at the bottom of the
exit (going north), travel a couple of miles, then at a stop light
make a sharp right on Olin (another mayor) Drive; follow that until
you see the Coliseum Parking sign (don't turn in to the right until
you are at the sign, otherwise you will end up on some service road);
this is the way I go because there are fewer cars before the game.

Park in the Coliseum lot:  not much else except across the street at
some bars, but I don't think they like that.  Get there either REALLY
early (hour before game) or about ten minutes before the game:  this
way you can park in an aisle that is aligned with the entrance that
you just drove in on.  This will allow you to exit swiftly after the
game.  The lot is a nightmare with no one directing the multitudes of
cars in multitudes of rows trying to funnel down to two lanes.  And,
the stranger next to you in the seats who you were hugging when your
team scored has suddenly turned against you and won't let your car
into the exit lane.  Go figure.  I listen to the postgame when I'm
leaving the lot, tilt the seat all the way back, and let EVERYONE in
front of me.

Have fun, and, lastly, even if you're from another school, cheer for
America's Team, the Wisconsin Badgers!

Anyone want to know where to drink beer?  (Hint:  The Essen Haus
further north off of John Nolen Drive).

+  Andrew Rapoff                      [log in to unmask]  +
+  Division of Orthopedic Surgery              voice:  608-263-6154  +
+  University of Wisconsin                     fax:    608-263-0454  +
+         Badger Hockey!  Go Red!  Five Time NCAA Champions!         +