Sender:
From:
Rick A McAdoo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 1995 22:00:07 +0001
Mike Machnik wrote:
>You can also tell when Legault is on his game.  He is one of the more
>vocal goaltenders out there and barks orders and advice nonstop to his
>teammates, loud enough that the entire rink can hear - "two, two" if
>there's another forechecker coming in, for example.  If he's

One of the enjoyable aspects of a Merrimack game with Legault in net is
that high-pitched voice of his ringing out; it carries really well.  I
was listening to a Merrimack-UMassAmherst radio broadcast earlier this
year and could hear Martin's voice even above the radio announcers.  As
to whether his yelling helps his play, I don't know, but it probably
disconcerts the opposing forwards. :-)  Mike has written a lot about how
Legault has been motivated to play better now that Thibeault has been
pushing him.  Taylor might have benefitted from such competition, too.

As to BC's Greg Taylor -- I enjoy watching him, but IMO he had a better
year last year as a freshman.  It may be that this year has just worn
him down with the weak defense and number of shots he's seen (and I think
he has seen a LOT more "quality" shots in the total than last year.)  He
may have more potential in the long run over Legault, but he has a lot of
work to do to make the NHL.  I, too, would be sad to see him turn pro at
the end of the season; partly because I want to watch him play but also
because I think he needs some more seasoning before facing the higher
competition.  Time will tell.
Rick McAdoo                                  [log in to unmask]
BC will return!                              GO EAGLES!