Sender:
From:
Rick A McAdoo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 1995 20:23:51 +0001
Geoff Howell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>B.C. (19-17-2) 0-1-0: 1
>B.U. (21-5-3)  1-3-1: 5

Actually, BC is 10-17-2.  Boy, don't we wish we had 19 wins!
Also,
>5. BC: Lewis (NA) (Laferriere) 17:18

BC's only goal was scored by freshman Tim Lewis, his 2nd goal of his
college career.  Tim's totals are now 2-1-3 in 11 games.  For those
who didn't see it, Tim scored his goal while sprawled on his stomach by
sweeping the puck under Herlovsky after Lewis was taken down by a
defenseman on a break.

BU controlled the Beanpot final in just about every way.  Besides the
speed and transition quickness that BU has, it was painfully obvious that
they can control the puck in the corners and with defensive players on top
of them in a way that the BC players (with a few exceptions) have not been
able to match.  BU's 5 goals were all on quick combos, rebounds, or
breakaways, and none of them could be blamed on any bad plays by BC's Greg
Taylor in goal.  Defensively, though, the BC players needed either more
size or (more likely) more strength and speed.  Then again, moving Mike
Grier out of the middle is tough no matter how big you are ....

The injury to Jay Pandolfo's hand looked ugly, as we were in the balcony
at the other end of the rink and all we could see at the end of his arm
was a mass of blood.  With luck, it will not be too serious.

During pre-game ceremonies, they presented a plaque to each school in honor
of the years of Beanpot tournaments in Boston Garden; each school had their
athletic director receive the plaque with the exception of Boston College,
who had former AD Bill Flynn accept it in place of Chet Gladchuk.  We were
a little disappointed, as we wanted to hear what the crowd's reaction to
Gladchuk would be.  Our perception is that the jury is still out on Chet
(in regards to the hockey program only.)

Michelle Pfeiffer was nowhere to be seen, the wimp ....  Oh, well, ....

On the whole, no one expected BC to beat BU, and they didn't.  They played
a better game than the previous meetings, and showed some promise for the
remaining HE games.  With a strong showing against Merrimack and Providence,
BC can still take 5th place.  Given the significance of the games, this
weekends Merrimack-BC series should offer 2 good contests.

I'm sure I'm not the only hockey fan who wants to see 2 more Maine-BU
contests -- one in the HE finals, and one in the NCAA's.
Rick McAdoo                                  [log in to unmask]
BC will return!                              GO EAGLES!