Sender:
From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 1995 12:47:00 EST
It's certainly not keeping me up at night, but I'd be interested
in the explanation to this decision if there's one available:

  In the GLI (December 29), Michigan Tech head coach Bob
  Mancini does not relieve goaltender Luciano Caravaggio
  during a 13-0 loss to Michigan because the only other
  goaltender available for the game is Pete Hamilton, who
  Mancini is planning to red-shirt.  OK, fair enough.

  This past weekend (January 6), Pete Hamilton makes his
  collegiate debut, essentially eliminating his redshirt possibility.
  (They may be able to take Hamilton out back, break his leg
  and appeal for another season of eligibility due to hardship/
  injury, but it may even be too late in the season for that.  Not
  to mention, I doubt Pete would go for the plan.)  What gives?
  Is Matt Kucway, the #2 netminder prior to his coach imposed
  one game suspension, no longer with the team?

  Btw, Arthur Mintz touched on something that I've been too lazy
  to look up.  Strictly pertaining to ice hockey, why is there a
  difference (in terms of eligibility consequences), between
  dressing for a game and playing in a game?  Hamilton was
  all suited up for the GLI, and presumably would have went
  in had Caravaggio been injured.  However, this seemed to
  be OK as far as not interfering with a possible redshirt.

Again, nothing to dramatic.  Just tossing out some lunch time
discussion.

John H
U Mich