Sender:
From:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Aug 1994 12:13:08 EDT
First the facts, then my opinions:

McDonough also commented on the BC scholarship situation, basically stating
the obvious.  He also gave details about a fundraiser for J.P. McKersie (call
Tommy Leonard at the Elliot Lounge or Eddie Doyle from the Hampshire House --
both presumably in Boston -- to get involved) and also reported that "After
this season Northeastern has plans to tear up the floor at Matthews Arena to
make the surface bigger for hockey.  This will mean eliminating the first 10
feet of seats behind the boards. Northeastern's arena is the oldest in the
country, and its surface is the smallest in major college hockey."  I can't
recall whether this info was already posted to HOCKEY-L.

With regard to McDonough's comments about the Black Bears, I'll agree with
Mike.  Every month or so, McDonough has a blurb saying essentially "things
are rotten in Orono" without any facts behind it.  Those who care to peruse
the archives can search for my previous comments under Will Da Jerk, if I
remember correctly.  That was back when Will was trying to use facts in his
column, although he managed not to get them right.  Apparently he's learned
from that lesson and is skipping right past the facts to innuendo.

Unlike Mike, I do have a high regard for McDonough's scooping ability at pro
football, so I'm willing to put up with his arrogance in that area, but he's
clearly a fish out of water when it comes to college hockey.

DaveH