Sender:
From:
Peter Kester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 91 08:32:19 -0500
Shari asks:
>                                         Does UConn have a hockey
> team, at any level?

The answer is yes.  UConn plays hockey in ECAC III East.

One interesting item to note is that UConn's rink has no walls!  It is
an artificial ice surface covered by a roof.  I've seen Bowdoin play
there a few times [Bowdoin plays at UConn the Friday after every other
Thanksgiving] and it can get quite cold sitting on metal bleacher
seats!  This season, however, it was unseasonably warm which caused a
layer of fog to settle on the ice.  The game had to be stopped
periodically to have the players skate around trying to lift the fog.

Useless trivia brought to you by:

Pete Kester
(trying to be patient until March 30 when I can see college hockey on ESPN)