Sender:
From:
"Marsh, Keith M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 1994 16:33:56 EST
Ryan Stone,
The rest of my reply was cut off.  I think that you saying hockey should
be played without hitting is absurd.  If there was no hitting, hockey
would be only for the goal scorers.  There would be no defense, and
anyone who knew how to skate could play.  Hitting ads excitement to
the fastest game.  It is also what makes hockey so fun.
Also, women's hockey should be played with hitting.  I think if women
had the same opportunity as men, such as hitting all the way up the
ladder, some of the women could be strong enough and have the talent
to play in the NHL.  If they received the proper attention from their
"coaches" and got the right to have an equal chance with no
discrimination from others, they would be more apt to try harder and
maybe even make the NHL one day.  You should give credit where credit is
due.  Especially to your own players.
Keith Marsh
"TRAJIK"