Sender:
From:
Robert Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Apr 1994 13:34:40 -0400
To answer Mike's question, I believe there was someone from the NC$$ who
was trying to get BU off the ice as soon as possible. After a game, NC$$
policy is for the losing team's coach and selected players to go to the post
game press conference, followed by the winning team's coach and players.
With media deadlines approaching, I'm sure the NC$$ wanted to get BU into
the press room a.s.a.p. so Boston media folks could file their stories.
I left the press box with about 20 seconds left in the game, and by the time
I got down to the press room downstairs, most reporters were already there.
So I don't think it was an intentional move by BU to slight LSSU or show
poor sportsmanship; I think it was more the NC$$ trying to get the post-game
interview process moving so deadlines could be met.

--Sid Whitaker
  BU '94.5
  WBZ-AM/TV