Sender:
From:
Matt Rein #3 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 1994 08:27:56 CST
>      Just curious. Does the St. Paul Civivc Center still have those
>      funky glass boards. Why were they put in place. If any of
>      you have seen a game there, does it affect the game in any
>      major way?
>
>      Not jumping the gun or anything. I'm just curious.
>
>      Neil Goldberg, Daily Free Press (BU)  [log in to unmask](disregard)
>        [log in to unmask]  (Yipee, I spelled something right!)

Yes, they used the see-through boards for the state High School tournament
earlier this month.  Only, sadly, like the rest of the sports world, the
boards this year were cluttered with paid advertisements.  Maybe the
NC$$ won't allow this, but I doubt it.

I don't think they hurt the game any.  A bigger problem there is the soft
ice.  There just isn't enough time to make enough ice.  Then with the
warmer temp in the building a good check into the boards usually pops a
chunk of ice out near the boards.  The glass also likes to pop out once
in a while.

--
- Matt Rein