From:
Jim Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 1996 15:43:56 -0600
 From what
> I understand the Wooger didn't offer him a deal because he felt that he
> doesn't have the wheels necessary to play the Gophers style of play.  I
> personally think he would have done a heck of a job for the Gophers and
> will haunt them for the next three seasons.

I don't like to print what I don't know for sure, but could there be a
possibility that this is a Minnesota kid didn't want to play for Woog and
the Gophers?  Cullen's last two choices were St. Cloud and UMD.  Believe it
or not it might be advantageous for a player to be at these two schools.  I
don't think it hurt Brett Hedican or Derek Plante.  Maybe he looked at the
college career of Jesse Bertogliat who was heavily recruited out of high
school. Cullen is out on the power play doing an excellent job. Wyatt Smith
another exceptional Gopher freshman is not.