From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 May 1995 13:11:09 -0400
Jim Ogonowski writes:
>I think the year was 1990, when Boston College played Minnesota in the NC$$
>tourney at Boston College. The entire Gopher team was from Minnesota and the
>entire Boston College team was from Massachusetts.( as a side note BC is not
>a state school)
>Both teams and both states should be proud.

Off the top of my head, at least two players on that BC team were from
out of state...David Emma (RI) and Scott LaGrand (NY).

>Because BC couldn't "win it all" they have changed their recruiting habits,
>which has led to an increase in "out of staters" on the team.  BC has not
>seen much success lately.

I'd have to check media guides again to be sure, but I believe
recently I discovered that BC did not have a significantly larger
percentage of non-MA players than in the 1990 timeframe.  23 of 28
players listed on the BC roster in the 1994-95 HE Yearbook were still
from Massachusetts.

The difference, has been in the quality of player that BC has been
able to attract - they've not had the Emmas, Heinzes, and Browns
lately.  We will have to see if the addition of Marty "Don't Call Me
Harry" Reasoner this fall starts the pendulum swinging back in the
opposite direction.