From:
Stephen E Roth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephen E Roth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 1995 08:23:46 EST
I'm not all that sure that even a "name" coach will help Notre Dame's
hockey fortunes.  While I haven't talked to Ric about his
resignation, I suspect it was due to his frustration with the
University.  Ric's been operating with far fewer scholarships (and
perhaps a smaller recruiting budget?) than the other teams in the
CCHA.  That makes for a distinct disadvantage, with little hope of
overcoming it.

Ric has my sympathy -- he deserved better.  Those of us who remember
his UAF days know that he is one of the better teaching coaches in
the country.  I don't know that he wants to leave South Bend, but I
do know he could do wonders somewhere if given whole-hearted
instititutional support.
Dr. Stephen E. Roth                      [log in to unmask]
Dean of Student Services
Canisius College                            (716) 888-2522
Buffalo, New York 14226                 FAX (716) 888-3190