From:
Trudy DeGraff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Trudy DeGraff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Feb 1995 23:40:29 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>,
Richard Edward Vehlow <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>We have a BIG problem.
>
>Administration wants to change the "Engineers" name of our athletic teams,
>most notably that of the Div 1 Hockey team. This name has been a longstanding
>tradition of the school. They are having a "contest" to determine a new team
>name, whereby anyone may submit entries to [log in to unmask] It is safe to say
>that a majority of the school does not feel this way, and wants to keep the
>name.

>Please email [log in to unmask] and say "KEEP THE ENGINEERS NAME! BRING BACK THE
>SWARM MASCOT" Today!!! Mail it as many times as you like and no matter if you
>are or have been a student here at RPI or not.
>
>And remember, they'll stop "listening" on March 1st!!!!!
>
>THAT'S THIS WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!!
>       ~~~~
>So email today!!!!!!
>
>Remember, it's [log in to unmask]

According to an article in the Poly this past week, the focus of the
"committee" has changed slightly.  They are now investigating IF a name
change should be done.  Apparently, they've been getting "some"
complaints ... Anyway, they are now "accepting" the Engineers as a CHOICE
in the name change contest! (something they wouldn't do when they started
the contest!) At press time however, the vote was "2 to 1 in favor of a
change ... but no one has come up with a good alternative yet".  And ... oh
... yeah ... they only had just over 60 votes!!!!  So please ... EVERY VOTE
COUNTS!!!

Trudy Ann DeGraff '76

RPI Engineers - Now and Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!