Sender:
From:
"Terry A. May" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1993 11:24:31 -0700
     The following is the roster for the University's Club team for this
fall.  There may be additions / deletions for the Spring semester as
students graduate and enroll.  I will try to provide a different
perspective on college hockey as a result of our club status.  We are
obviously interested in having quality student athletes contact NAU for a
possible place to enroll.  All players provide their own equipment and most
expenses (the club works with the University to assist in defraying costs
of ice time, etc.) which I estimate to be around $600-700 depending upon
the number of trips taken to away games.  The club practices on T / Th
nights after 10:30 p.m. with many games scheduled at the same times on Fr /
Sa evenings.  We are attempting to schedule more games early to enable
greater attendance by families and kids in the local youth hockey
association.  As the roster indicates, players come from across NA and are
very talented young people with a love of hockey.  Please contact me
directly if anyone would like more specific information about any aspect of
our club program.

     The club' first real test was this past weekend as they travelled to
the west coast for games with Stanford and San Jose State.  I was not there
so can provide an overview, but NAU won in all three which was a pleasant
surprise.

     The scores were as follows:
          Friday    - NAU  5   Stanford       3
          Saturday  - NAU  8   Stanford       0
          Sunday    - NAU 11   San Jose State 3

 Head Coach: Doug Allan           Calgary, Alberta
Asst. Coach: Paul Hellenberg      Chicago, Illinois
Asst. Coach: Blair Larson

Name              Ht.     Wt.    Pos.     Hometown
Glen Austin       5-10    175     D       Flagstaff, AZ
Scott Barker      6-1     175     F       Phoenix, AZ
Brad Bialas       5-8     165     F       Schaumberg, IL
Mike Bork         6-0     170     F       Beaver Dam, WI
Shane Carignan    5-9     160     F       Kenai, AK
A. J. Circosta    5-10    170     F       Flagstaff, AZ
Scott Clarke      5-10    160     F       Eden Prairie, MN
Steve Conklin     6-3     180     F       Silver Springs, MD
Eric Dahn         6-1     170     D       Flagstaff, AZ
Jamie Ellison     5-7     165     F       Anchorage, AK
Dan Filleman      6-0     180     F       Flagstaff, AZ
Mitch Garrett     5-10    185     D       Flagstaff, AZ
Jake Glotfelty    6-0     185     D       Kenai, AK
Steve Grant       6-0     175     F       Carlsbad, CA
Glenn Hipwell     5-11    175     G       Claremont, NH
Chuck King        5-10    170     G       Rye Brook, NY
Ryan Leech        6-0     170     F       Regina, Saskatchewan
Chris Loughlin    5-8     155     F       Madbury, NH
Jordan MacKinnon  5-8     165     F       Vancouver, B.C.
Nolan McKelvey    5-10    155     G       Okemos, MI
Brad Mullet       6-3     200     D       Okemos, MI
Jeff Osberg       6-0     190     F       Wayzeta, MN
Todd Peterson     5-11    175     F       Flagstaff, AZ
Chris Polito      5-9     170     F       Natick, MA
Marc Sevigny      6-0     195     F       Bowling Green, OH
Mark Stone        6-0     200     D       Sun Valley, ID
Mike Swords       6-0     190     D       Schaumburg, IL
Scott Thompson    6-0     175     F       Tempe, AZ
Frank Thomas      6-0     190     F       Flagstaff, AZ
Steve Wade        5-10    175     F       Kenai, AK
Bandy Zakar       5-10    170     D       Los Alamos, NM