Sender:
From:
"Andria L. Hunter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 1994 18:46:48 -0400
I think this message may be of interest to some hockeyl readers, as several
of the women on these hockey cards played in the American and/or Canadian
College hockey systems.  Here is a reply message that I posted to the
rec.sport.hockey newsgroup...

>Team Canada/USA Womens hockey "insert" cards will be found in packs of
>1994 Classic Hockey DraftPicks.  The cards will be inserted at the rate of
>1 per pack.  There are 40 cards in the set, consisting of the women who
>played in the 1994 Women's World Championships.

THE WOMEN'S CARDS ARE IN!  I just went to a card store in Toronto this
afternoon, and purchased my card!  The cost for a pack of cards was
$2.25 CND, and the cost for a box of cards was $65.00 CND.

I was a little disappointed with my hockey card though.  They had 13 PIM in
my 1992 Team Canada statistics, when it should have really been 0 PIM.  Also,
the picture on the back was not the greatest at all.  Classic wins the prize
for taking the world's worst picture of me! ;-)  I was juggling a volleyball
in the gym, and the picture has me sort of looking up at the ball.  Oh well,
I should not be complaining;  I'm really quite overjoyed to think that I
have my own hockey card!  This is a big step for women's hockey, as this is
the first card set that has been released for a complete women's hockey team.

These are the 40 women's cards in the set:

      W1  Manon Rheaume         W21 Checklist
      W2  France St.Louis       W22 Kelly Dyer
      W3  Cheryl Pounder        W23 Vicki Movsessian
      W4  Therese Brisson       W24 Lisa Brown
      W5  Cassie Campbell       W25 Shawna Davidson
      W6  Angela James          W26 Colleen Coyne
      W7  Danielle Goyette      W27 Karyn Bye
      W8  Jane Robinson         W28 Suzanne Merz
      W9  Stacy Wilson          W29 Gretchen Ulion
      W10 Margot Page           W30 Sandra Whyte
      W11 Laura Leslie          W31 Cindy Curley
      W12 Judy Diduck           W32 Michelle DiFronzo
      W13 Hayley Wickenheiser   W33 Stephanie Boyd
      W14 Nathalie Picard       W34 Shelley Looney
      W15 Lesley Reddon         W35 Jeanine Sobek
      W16 Marianne Grnak        W36 Beth Beagan
      W17 Andria Hunter         W37 Cammie Granato
      W18 Nancy Drolet          W38 Christina Bailey
      W19 Geraldine Heaney      W39 Kelly O'Leary
      W20 Karen Nystrom         W40 Erin Whitten

Cards W1-W20 are Team Canada players, and cards W22-W40 are Team
USA players.  I think there are a couple of Team USA players missing
from the set ... Stephanie O'Sullivan and Jennifer Hanley.

Andria Hunter, Team Canada 92/94

|         ...  She shoots!     ......    She scoooooores!!!                  |
|       z z   .       z z  \_.         z z              z  z            | |  |
|    TEAM CANADA - WOMEN'S WORLD ICE HOCKEY CHAMPIONS - 1990, 1992, 1994     |